Notice on the Awarding Graduate Degree for December batch of 2022
Notice to all relevant colleges (centers, research institutes and institutes, the same below) that the third batch of postgraduate degree awarding work will be completed in 2022: according to the work arrangement and relevant regulations and requirements of the university for postgraduate degree awarding, the third batch of postgraduate degree awarding work is planned to be carried out by the end of December 2022, and the relevant matters are hereby notified as follows.
1. Academic achievements and dissertations input management system. Before the dissertation is submitted for approval, the graduate students log on to the "Graduate Management Information System" to enter their academic achievements (including academic papers, patents, research awards, etc.) during the semester, and upload the electronic version (PDF file) of the dissertation in blind review format.
2. Detection of academic misconduct or plagiarism in academic dissertations. The College will test the academic misconduct of all types of postgraduate dissertations , and only those who pass the test can enter the submission process.
3. Verification of the authenticity and reliability of the content data of the dissertation. Before the thesis is submitted for approval, the tutor of all types of graduate students shall check the authenticity and reliability of the content data of the thesis of the graduate students under their guidance, and the relevant verification materials shall be kept in the College for future reference. In case of academic misconduct such as fraud in the dissertation submission and subsequent links, it will be handled according to relevant regulations.
4. PhD students must pass Internal review, before "blind review" of the dissertation. All colleges responsible for the internal review submission.All colleges are encouraged to check in advance in various forms such as pre examination, pre defense and meeting evaluation before the submission of all types of postgraduate dissertations for trial.
5. Thesis submission for blind trial. All types of graduate students except doctoral students shall submit their dissertations for approval by the college (the college side downloads the submission form for approval in the system). In principle, offline submission is adopted. If it is true that students cannot return to school must communicate in advance, online submission can also be used. Acceptance time: Monday afternoon and Thursday morning. In order to ensure the smooth development of dissertation defense and degree awarding ,the deadline for submission is : November 4 (Friday) for doctoral students and November 10 (Thursday) for master students.For dissertations submitted after the deadline for submission for approval, the submission for approval shall be accepted normally, and the graduate students shall sign the relevant letter of commitment.
6. Feedback and exception handling of thesis submission comments: After the review comments of all types of graduate students submitted by the Graduate School are received, the Academic Degrees Office will send the review comments electronically to the teaching secretary of the College. After the review comments of the graduate students submitted by the College are received, the College will feed back to the relevant graduate students or instructors.
7. The defense date of a postgraduate's dissertation shall be determined after receiving the comments on "Agree to Defense". The dissertation defense arranged in the absence of dissertation review opinions, or when the review experts disagree with the defense, shall be invalid. In principle, the dissertation defense is offline defense, and the defense regulations are detailed in the Implementation Rules for Degree Awarding of Jiangsu University. In case of special circumstances such as being unable to go back to school, online defense can be adopted after the application is approved.
8. Before the oral defense, the doctoral students should write detailed modification instructions for all the review comments and submit them to the secondary training unit and the graduate school. The oral defense should be handled at the University Degree Office after the preliminary review of the college's sub committee. If there are different academic opinions or different opinions, the reasons shall be clearly stated. The dissertation defense can be conducted only after the confirmation of the tutor. The revised explanation shall be submitted to the Defense Committee for review. Before the oral defense, the postgraduate should write a detailed revision description for all the review comments, and submit it to the secondary training unit to handle the oral defense procedures. If there are different academic opinions or different opinions, the reasons shall be clearly stated. The dissertation defense can be conducted only after the confirmation of the tutor. The revised explanation shall be submitted to the Defense Committee for review. Dissertation defense is an important form of reviewing dissertations, exchanging academic knowledge and improving the quality of dissertations. Colleges should attach importance to this link, answer and argue, and refrain from making defense a mere formality.
Steps to follow ：
Please scan and join December graduation wechat group through qr code attached in the Annex below
PhD students: Submit your thesis at your school and get the internal review report
Master students: Submit your thesis to your supervisor and get his consent regarding your thesis.
Submit your thesis to your respective faculty [Secretary]. The dissertations of all types of postgraduates must be tested for academic misconduct [Plagiarism] before it is submitted for trial (see Annex for details). Only those who pass the check can further continue to submit their dissertation for blind trial.
5. Upload information regarding publications (including academic papers, patents, research awards, etc.) and upload the electronic version (PDF file) of the dissertation in blind review format in the student management system and get it approved by supervisor and school secretary in their respective system （2018 and later students only ）
Get your postgraduate & PhD training handbook duly filled and signed.
Note: In the last page Implementation of curriculum study plan must be signed by your school secretary, Topic selection by supervisor, Completion of education procedures by
2015,2016,2017 Students @ 李老师 ,1410 , OEC
2018 and later students @ Nitin ，213A, international office, Graduate school
Prepare the documents for evaluation:
a. Application form to submit dissertation [soft and hard copy, 2 copies]
b.Basic information form [soft and hard copy, 2 copies,please make sure your personal information, your name, birthday, major]
c. Dissertation information form [soft and hard copy, 2 copies, Must be filled under the supervision of supervisor ]
d. Handbook [Must be filled and signed] [If you are outside China and don't have training book, see Annex for soft copy ]
e. Transcript [ Will be prepared and attested during verification of documents in IEAO office]
f. Academic card (master: at least 10 times. PhD: at least 15 times)
g. Plagiarism report[Signed by school secretary]
h. HSK certificate [ Students need to submit HSK report ，if incase students didnt clear HSK ,can submit thesis for external review but need to clear HSK to collect results and go for defense , commitment letter is attached in the Annex ]
I. Thesis [PDF and shouldn’t contain any information regarding supervisor or publications]
J. PhD students [Internal review report]
k. First page of your publications [ Phd students must download their article from WEB OF SCIENCE Document search - All Databases (webofscience.com), Master students must show the proof of valid ISSN of their publication from Welcome to The ISSN Portal | The ISSN Portal
Please prepare all your materials to your school secretary.
All colleges are requested to make overall arrangements for the submission of thesis for trial and approval according to the number of graduate students and their specific conditions. If the comments of the dissertations submitted for trial cannot be returned in time for defense, the graduate students bear full responsibility by themselves. When the comments of all types of graduate students submitted by the Graduate School are received, the Degree Office will send them electronically to the Teaching Secretary of the School. The defense time of postgraduate dissertations should be determined after receiving the opinions of postgraduate dissertations and must fulfill the requirements for defense. Failure to comply with the provisions of this article will not ensure that thesis defense is carried out on schedule. It is particularly emphasized that if dissertation opinions and comments do not fulfill the requirements, the defense of a dissertation is invalid.
Requirements and conditions to apply for outstanding dissertations.
According to the spirit of the "Selection Method for Excellent Graduate Dissertations of Jiangsu University", postgraduates who intend to apply for Outstanding Dissertations must submit their applications before submitting their dissertations for examination, and fill in the "Application Form for Outstanding Graduate Dissertations of Jiangsu University" (see Annex for the template). After obtaining the consent of the supervisor, it shall be sent to the teaching secretary of the college in electronic format during the prescribed time. After verification, the teaching secretary shall summarize the information in a unified approval sheet and submit it to the Graduate School’s Degree Office. If the applicant fails to file an application, the declaration of this excellent dissertation will be invalid.
Granting graduation and degree certificates.
Preparation of certificate
All graduate diplomas are printed by OEC & IEAO and degree certificates are printed by graduate school. Each school is responsible for the photo paste of the certificate, and the time to paste it will be notified later.
Issuance of certificate
The certificate must be approved by the Institute, finance department and graduate school. The time for exclusive collection of certificates will be notified separately in due course. Certificate holders are requested to receive the certificate at the exclusive time. Otherwise, only Thursday afternoons, after one month of expiratory period, will be the time for obtaining the certificate (except holidays).
Replacement of certificate
Students who need to change their certificates due to errors in the information must submit written applications to the Graduate School Degree Office at the beginning of the next batch. The certificates can be replaced only after the valid reason of the application certificate is accepted. Such applications are not accepted in this batch. All colleges and graduate schools are warmly invited to do a good job in awarding the graduate students for the December batch of 2022.